It’s that time of year again…State Fair time for many folks! You may recall that Justin and I took a gastronomic tour of everything on a stick last year at the Minnesota State Fair ( click here for the post!). Well, in that spirit, my workplace is having an internal “Food on A Stick” contest! I’m not sure what to enter yet, but we made these Rice Krispy Lollipops on a stick as a bit of inspiration!
How did we do it?
1. Melt the marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl (6 cups mini marshmallows, 4 tablespoons of butter).
2. Stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies.
3. Put a bit of oil or Pam or butter on your fingers to prevent stickiness and then using a teaspoon, scoop a bit of the treat mixture and roll into a small ball. Place on waxed or parchment paper. Think small because these get huge when they are coated.
4. Pop the balls into the freezer for about 5 minutes so that they harden.
5. In the meantime, melt white or semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between each 30 seconds, until melted.
6. Dunk the chilled balls into the chocolate and add the sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or toffee bits.
7. Place on waxed paper and let set or put in freezer to set quickly.
8. Once firm, insert toothpick and serve!