- strawberries or other dippable item*
- chocolate chips
- waxed or parchment paper
- bonus if you have white chocolate, nuts or sprinkles
2. Rinse the strawberries and pat them dry.
3. Put the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave them for 30 seconds. Stir the chips. Repeat until completely melted- stirring well in between each 30 seconds.
4. Dip each strawberry one by one and place on the parchment or waxed paper. Add sprinkles or nuts immediately before chocolate hardens. For the white chocolate lines, let the dipped strawberries harden ( you can put them in the fridge to speed this up). Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and spoon it quickly into a small plastic baggie. Cut a tiny corner and drizzle lines back and forth over the dipped strawberries. Let harden.
*I know strawberries aren't in season yet so you can dip other other treats in the same manner from shortbread cookies to dried apricots or dried figs to rice krispy treats in whimsical shapes.
Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!